Wolfville Area InterChurch Council’s Week of Prayer for Christian Unity Events –
- 20-minute worship at Manning Chapel, Monday to Friday, January 22 to 26 at 11:30 am followed by brown bag lunches and discussions on the themes below. Worship led by Chaplain Tim McFarland and his student chapel assistants. Please note parking is available on Acadia St along the loop near the chapel but not along the BAC/Library or the Wong International Centre. More info on https://waicc.org/.
- Mon, Jan 22 Welcoming the Stranger; Reader: Peter Robbins, Wolfville Baptist
- Tues, Jan 23 No Longer a Slave (human trafficking); Reader: Andy Pitter, Orchard Valley
- Wed, Jan 24 Overcoming Violence; Readers: L’Arche members & Rev Don Flowers, Port Williams Baptist’s new minister from Charleston, SC (site of a June 2015 mass shooting)
- Thurs, Jan 25 Hearing the Cries of the Poor; Reader: Rev. Sandra Fyfe, St John’s, Wolfville
- Fri, Jan 26 Our Covenant with God (reconciliation); Readers: Nancy Harbers & Fr Craig Cameron, St Francis
You are welcome to come to the service without attending the discussion afterwards.
- Ecumenical worship, “That All May Be Free,” at Wolfville Baptist Church on Sunday, January 28 at 4:00 pm followed by a potluck supper. Homilist: Dr. Anna Robbins, Acadia Divinity College.